The Systems Analyst (SA) will analyze, design, develop, document, and deliver accurate, well-tested modules/interfaces for production applications in a team environment, while providing leadership to team members. The SA provides technical assistance and often performs as a team leader. The SA is expected to share Subject Matter Expertise in one or more related areas. Additionally, the SA is responsible for cultivating and applying an understanding of Emerald’s methodology, policies, standards and internal/external controls. The SA interacts with internal/external Project Delivery partners, IT Infrastructure, and business representatives to analyze requests, deliver and support the required effort.
- Accurately size complex requests, develop system and integration test plans, ensures high quality implementations through the application of Emerald’s methodologies and procedures.
- Provide systems incident support including after hours on-call rotation support.
- Deliver accurate and timely status updates as determined by their manager.
- Comply with Emerald’s methodology: enforce policies, standards, including internal/external controls.
- Frequently interact with management and customers as required.
- Provide input in developing departmental policies and procedures.
- Participate in project planning, facilitate timely issue resolution, identify and track risks and deliverable scopes of projects, review and approve deliverables prepared by the project team when requested.
- Ensure documents are complete, current, and stored in appropriate location.
- Participate in the selection process of internal/external resources and interact with 3rd party vendors.
- Enthusiastic motivated self-learner who is an excellent team player.
- Able to motivate self and others in the performance of assigned tasks.
- Able to effectively work and communicate within the IT Infrastructure team as well as the user community—Vice President to associate level.
- Effective decision making, strong analytical and creative problem solving ; Collect customer requirements, determine technical issues, and design reports to meet data analysis needs;Collect, analyze, and report data to meet customer needs; Identify new sources of data and methods to improve data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Prior experience as a Systems Analyst.
- 3-5 years of experience in analyzing, designing, documenting, and delivering accurate, well-tested modules/interfaces for production applications.
- Experience leading a project and delivering the project with applied standards, methodologies and controls.
- Subject matter expert in supported area(s) of CRM (Salesforce is strongly preferred) and Data warehouse and/or report writer (SSIS or SSRS)
- Experience accurately sizing and planning scope of projects for self and others on the team.
- Experience with multiple programming languages:3-5 years of in-depth experience with at least one programming language. (Microsoft .Net experience is strongly preferred. Knowledge of Force.com’s Apex development is a big plus).
- 1-3 years of experience with a second programming language; or aptitude and willingness to understand a secondary language.
- Experience with relational database (MS-SQL is strongly preferred).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Business Management is required.