Emerald is seeking a talented and dynamic Senior Digital Director to drive website product development within a leading tradeshow company. With a background rooted in the web, the ideal candidate will be experienced in a wide range of digital areas including website architecture, requirements writing, SEO, analytics, ad serving, and CMS development. This is a great opportunity for a passionate digital leader to put product expertise to work on a mix of projects.
Responsible for the ongoing maintenance, development and optimization of the portfolio of tradeshow websites and other potential digital platforms, this role will plan, lead and/or implement website development initiatives, working closely with developers to clearly define functional specifications. Features include: responsive design, e-commerce and online booking based on strategic goals.
Major areas of responsibility include:
- Website management and monetization
- Day-to-day maintenance of 40+ websites and blogs
- Ad operations (ad serving using DFP)
- Analytics and reporting for: website, blogs, emails
- Management of 4 direct reports
- Collaborate with brand marketers and digital team to determine requirements and prioritize website features.
- Provide oversight and ownership of products and site enhancements: from strategy through to post-launch production, executing best practices, monitoring performance, tracking against goals and making improvements as needed.
- Monthly and ad hoc reporting of site analytics and newsletter stats. Measure performance using Google Analytics. Use insights to improve site/email performance. Work with brand and analytics team on an ongoing basis on metric definitions and data analysis.
- Managing ad serving across all websites using DFP, ensuring timely delivery, reporting and scheduling.
- Understand digital trends; define our brands’ opportunities in relation to those trends, or how to leverage them.
- Manage a team of 4 direct reports (Ad Operations Coordinator, Web Analyst, Market Development Directors).
- Oversee 3rd party partner and vendor relationships as needed.
- Work closely with designers and developers to determine functional specifications, make product decisions, ensure quality and balance competing business objectives.
- 7-10 years at ad-supported content sites in a product, project, or user experience management role.
- Expertise in website development processes, requirements, and technology.
- Strong project leadership and organizational skills.
- Superb attention to detail.
- Quickly shift gears in a daily Web publishing environment, and work well with creative and technical team members alike.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
- BA/BS required; MBA preferred.
- Must possess a congenial personality with proactive, energetic work style.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Exhibit a positive attitude and enjoy collaborating with others to achieve team goals and objectives.
- Proven diplomatic and relationship building skills. Lead and manage projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Website architecture
- Content Management Systems including WordPress
- Dart for Publishers
- Google Analytics
To Apply:Send a cover letter explaining how you qualify for the above position, your resume and your salary requirements/history to email@example.com: SUBJECT: Sr. Digital Director