Emerald Expositions seeks a Senior Art Director to create designs that engage, attract and sell. Working from the goals and objectives of the Marketing Director and Managers, you will be responsible for design, layout and production of advertising, including print, digital and large-scale media, sales collateral, event graphics/signage, email and direct mail for events within the Jewelry Group portfolio.
Your other key responsibilities will include:
- Develop creative and design concepts for all shows in portfolio that meet the business objectives and advance our business strategy.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining cohesive branding for each event in the portfolio, from direct mail and print advertising, to email and social media ad campaigns
- Formulate basic layout design for sales and advertising purposes including material details, such as style, type size, photographs and graphics.
- Conceive ideas, design and produce multifaceted communication and branding materials.
- Point of contact to deliver ads to various publications and resolve issues that arise.
- Develops or acquires images used in a variety of creative projects, including advertisements, email marketing, brochures, presentations, websites, displays and signage.
- Collaborate with marketing director and graphic designer to plan, analyze, organize and execute assigned projects.
- Brief and manage external suppliers and internal clients to ensure deadlines and requirements are met.
- Provide strong leadership and direction to junior graphic designer
- Offer art direction to event photographer on show site in order to maximize the output of environment and product shots to be used for future marketing campaigns.
- Oversee the process of design and layout for multiple event brands while maintaining the schedule and ensuring deadlines are met.
As a qualified candidate, you will have:
- 8+ years’ experience in graphic artist role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related field preferred.
- Strong communication skills—ability to interface with marketing, sales and operations teams internally, along with outside agencies and publications.
- Must have a strong sense of concept development, in addition to communication, research, problem-solving and presentation skills.
- Must have a deep understanding of HTML/CSS to create responsive email designs and can troubleshoot in the event of performance issues in Litmus testing
- Able to manage several projects both small and large in scope (e.g. print ads, web ads, HTML emails, PDF forms, brochures, postcards, directories, show signage).
- Strong conceptual thinking, design skills and upscale aesthetic.
- Highly organized; excellent communication skills; highly focused attention to detail; a professional demeanor with exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills; able to work independently and as a team player.
- A great attitude and a strong work ethic.
- Ability to travel (less than 25%).
SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS (high degree of proficiency required in these programs):
- Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Dreamweaver
- Adobe Acrobat Pro