Emerald Expositions, a leader in the B2B trade show industry, seeks a Sales Representative on our American Craft Retailers Expo. In this position, you will work with the Sales Manager and Show Director to strategically sell exhibit space for the show and implement aspects of the sales campaign. You will also sell sponsorships and advertising to your customer base to generate added revenue, as well as help uncover new exhibitor markets.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Sell exhibit space and sponsorships for assigned events and divisions, via face-to-face visits, telephone calls and electronic communications to meet and exceed goals.
- Implement sales campaigns as assigned by sales manager and show director.
- Execute sales strategies to maximize exhibit space and sponsorship sales as assigned by sales manager and show director.
- Uncover new exhibitor markets to generate new sales, grow and maintain prospecting data base.
- Build strong relationships with influential and/or advocate accounts.
- Willing and able to travel overnight for up to 10-20% of the time for up to a week.
- Work with the sales manager and show director to collectively meet: weekly, monthly and overall sales targets.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the sales manager and show director per the needs of the show.
As a qualified candidate, you will have:
- Four-year college degree preferred.
- 1-2 years demonstrated sales or sales support success preferred. Prior telephone and/or face-to-face sales experience preferred.
- Experience in retail preferred. Experience in the handmade and/or trade show industry a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills required.
- Excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail in a deadline driven, team oriented environment.
- Computer savvy with high comfort level with MS Office and in learning new computer systems. Salesforce experience or similar CRM program experience a plus.
- Willingness to travel overnight up to 10-20% of the time for up to a week.