Emerald Expositions, a leader in the B2B trade show industry, seeks a Sales Representative on our NY NOW team. This position is specifically focused on the Home Furnishings and Textiles section of the show.
As a Sales Representative, you will work with the Sales Manager to strategically sell exhibit space for designated show (s)/division(s) and for implementing aspects of the sales campaign. You will sell sponsorships and advertising to customer base to generate added revenue, as well as uncover new exhibitor markets.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Sell exhibit space and sponsorships for assigned events and divisions, via face-to-face visits, telephone calls and electronic communications to meet and exceed goals.
- Implement sales campaigns as assigned by Sales Manager or VP/Show Director.
- Execute sales strategies to maximize exhibit space and sponsorship sales as assigned by sales manager.
- Uncover new exhibitor markets to generate new sales, grow and maintain prospecting data base.
- Build strong relationships with influential and/or advocate accounts.
- Work with the sales manager to collectively meet: weekly, monthly and overall sales targets.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Sales Manager per the needs of the section/collection/show.
As a qualified candidate you will have:
- Four-year college degree preferred.
- 1-2 years demonstrated sales or sales support success preferred. Ability to sell face to face and by telephone, with a proven track record in creating and building relationships. Prior telephone and/or face-to-face sales experience preferred.
- Experience in retail preferred. Experience in the home furnishings/décor industry and/or trade show industry a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills required.
- Excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail in a deadline driven, team oriented environment.
- Computer savvy with high comfort level with MS Office and in learning new computer systems. Salesforce experience or similar CRM program experience a plus.
- Ability to work independently and within a group environment.
- Willingness to travel overnight up to 10-20% of the time for up to a week.