Emerald Expositions, a leader in the b2b tradeshow industry, seeks a Sales Director for our Internet Retailer Conference and Exhibition (IRCE) team. The Internet Retailer Conference & Exhibition (IRCE) is known as the must-attend event for e-commerce and retail professionals for the past 13 years, and is hosted at McCormick Place in Chicago. With an expert conference boasting 120+ educational sessions and 200+ speakers focused on the latest trends and tactics, ample networking, and an unparalleled 250,000+ square feet exhibit hall with 600 vendors showcasing the newest solutions and technologies, IRCE offers the best investment for e-commerce and retail attendees to enhance their business.
As a Sales Director, you will be responsible for leading the exhibit sales and support team to sell exhibit hall space and advertising/exhibit hall sponsorship opportunities for the IRCE event occurring in June each year to both renewing customers and new prospects.You will manage and oversee the day-to-day operations of the sales staff, including two Exhibition Sales Managers and an Exhibition Sales Coordinator. This position has overall responsibility to achieve exhibit hall sales and advertising/exhibit hall sponsorship sales goals for the business.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Lead the daily activities/management of the Exhibition Sales Managers and support team with a focus on achieving exhibit hall space and advertising/exhibit hall sponsorship revenue goals.
- Create and implement the strategic sales plan to meet the revenue goals for both the exhibit hall sales and advertising/exhibit hall sponsorship sales areas.
- Manage approximately thirty key accounts to sell exhibit hall space and advertising/exhibit hall sponsorship sales via telephone, written communications, and face-to-face interaction.
- Maintain sales reporting forecasts with Exhibition Sales Managers and provide sales updates and progress to VP/Group Show Director as needed.
- Establish sales targets (overall, monthly and weekly) and communicate to sales team.
- Manage allocation of master booth space and floor plan updates.
- Oversee Exhibition Sales Managers’ efforts to manage and maintain prospect database; partner with Marketing team to create sales campaigns executed in Salesforce software.
- Work with Marketing team to develop sales collateral including prospectus.
- Assist VP/Group Show Director in the development and execution of the annual budget and strategic plan.
- Prepare sales reports and analysis to track current progress and future forecasts against goals.
- Train/coach Exhibition Sales Managers to grow participation and cross-sell advertising/exhibit hall sponsorship opportunities to current customers and prospect for new customers.
- Encourage a positive and creative team environment.
- Manage the on-site booth registration process at IRCE show.
- Work with other departments such as Marketing and Operations for the execution of the show.
- Manage exhibitors, floor managers, and show office personnel at IRCE show on-site.
- Other duties as assigned.
As a qualified candidate, you will have:
- BA or BS degree is required.
- 5+ years of proven sales territory management.
- 3+ years of managing, coaching, and developing a sales team
- Trade show experience or a background in e-commerce preferred.
- Ability to establish relationships at all levels with both internal and external clients.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, as well as strong presentation skills.
- Comfort in a fast-paced and rapidly growing environment.
- Experience with sales/CRM automation software, event business management software (e.g. Salesforce, A2Z).
- Ability to travel up to 5 days (including weekends) for 1-2 weeks per year.