Emerald Exposition’s goal is to create, market, sell and produce high quality tradeshows and educational conferences in conjunction with our leading industry publications and associations. Our top priority is to produce, develop and acquire events of strategic significance and value.
Aggressive sales and innovative marketing are fundamental to our operations. We are highly focused on identifying and satisfying the needs and wants of our clients and customers, and are committed to providing our staff the most state-of-the-art technology, applications and Internet solutions to accomplish this. Our service offering is comprehensive and includes Exposition Sales and Marketing, Sponsorship Sales, Attendance Promotion/Sales, Exposition and Conference Management, Attendee Services (Registration) and Graphic Design.
Outdoor Retailer (OR) brings together retailers, manufacturers, industry advocates and media to conduct the business of outdoor recreation through tradeshows, product demo events and web-based business solutions. Produced by Emerald Expositions and based in San Juan Capistrano, California, Outdoor Retailer also provides and promotes retailer education, advocacy, responsibility and critical face-to-face business initiatives within the outdoor industry.
Recently named among Trade Show News Network’s 25 fastest-growing tradeshows by attendance, Outdoor Retailer (www.outdoorretailer.com) connects approximately 50,000 attendees on a semi-annual basis for its Summer and Winter Market shows, and thousands more through its year-round online resources and platforms.
- Heavy emphasis will be placed on housing needs and retention among key specialty retailers.
- Assist with buyer outreach for educational programs, demo activations, research, sales rep initiatives.
- Support for VIP and new buyer development. Will also focus on retention.
- Work with Buyer Relations Manager to identify and target buyer outreach, work with show teams and marketing to directly enhance the Outdoor Retailer shows by promoting attendance among key regional, national and international retailers and targeted attendees through personal contact and relationship development.
- Increase show (s) attendance by outreach to target attendees and development of retention plans along with BR Manager.
- Telemarketing as well as in person visits across the Outdoor industry events as directed by show management.
- Help Identify, analyze and assess new strategic opportunities that enhance attendee development and execute a plan with show teams to pursue approved attendee targets.
- Build key attendee relationships and identify and tier buyers in the database. Develop new prospects that are not currently in the database.
- Work with BR Manager and marketing team to educate buyers/attendees on all aspects of events within the division. Including but not limited to assisting with registration, VIP and New buyer events, matchmaking services, walking tours, educational offerings, review of floor plan and navigational tools such as the online show planner and App
- Participate in and increase attendee awareness to all social media marketing channels within the division.
- Cultivate relationships with key industry groups (Rep Groups, Buying Groups like GOA and key retail groups) to drive more attendance within targeted buying groups as assigned.
- Develop legacy/ VIP and advocate buyer/ attendee programs and target lists to drive quality buyer participation at events
- Work in tandem with marketing team to drive key retailer information and testimonials for promotional marketing purposes
- Work with attendee marketing manager to maintain and develop comprehensive attendee highlights on website and social media sites to promote webinars, new buyer orientations, shopping hints, etc.
- Assist marketing with development and facilitation of attendee related educational programs.
- Work in tandem with marketing/show teams in developing and facilitating buyer events on show site and via experiential marketing opportunities.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the business and the industry and understand how to translate that knowledge into solid attendee development practices. Develop strong understanding of the competitive landscape to seek out and mine for new prospects. Keeps current industry trends for assigned verticals and has a strong working knowledge of verticals in which you focus on.
- Become expert on assigned verticals buyer data and act as liaison between sales and marketing teams.
- Attend exhibitor sales calls to understand exhibitor targets, connecting exhibitors to the right attendees, and to promote the group’s attendee outreach efforts.
- Responsible for results reporting, tracking of projects and list development as well as data integrity.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Some knowledge of outdoor industry is desired. Knowledge of the retailers, brands, community is also helpful.
- Well organized, good customer service skills over the phone and in person. Attention to detail. Ability to work with multiple team members and third party vendors, specifically housing partner and registration teamStrong client service, and both telephone and in-person sales prospecting skills.
- Ability to multi task in a deadline driven, goal oriented environment.
- Highly organized; excellent oral and written communication skills; highly focused attention to detail; a professional demeanor with exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills; able to work independently and as a team player across several team platforms.
- Strong grasp of all aspects of Microsoft office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and CRM management (such as Goldmine, Salesforce or other) is a plus
- Social media marketing experience desired
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and interact with all levels of management.
- Some travel required