Emerald Expositions, a leader in the b2b tradeshow industry, seeks a Retail Relations Coordinator on our Interbike team.
Interbike brings together retailers, manufacturers, industry advocates and media to conduct the business of cycling through tradeshows, product demo events and web-based business solutions. Produced by Emerald Expositions and based in San Juan Capistrano, California, Interbike also provides and promotes retailer education, advocacy, responsibility and critical face-to-face business initiatives within the bicycle industry.
As a Retail Relations Coordinator, you will provide support to the Marketing Director in the execution of Interbike’s attendee acquisition and retention strategy. Duties will include: outreach to target attendees, development of retention plans, new buyer development (lead generation), VIP support and email communication.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Work with Marketing Director to identify and target retail buyers, promote attendance among key regional, national and international retailers and targeted attendees through personal contact and relationship development.
- Build relationships with key retailers. Heavy emphasis will be placed on retention among key specialty retailers. Will also assist with buyer outreach for educational programs, demo activations, research, sales rep initiatives.
- Telemarketing as well as in person visits across bicycle industry events as directed by show management.
- Help identify, analyze and assess new strategic opportunities that enhance attendee development and execute a plan with show teams to pursue approved attendee targets.
- Manage attendee database, including identifying buyers, creating tiers among existing buyers and pulling lists.
- Manage all attendee-facing communications in conjunction with Marketing Director. This includes: enewsletters, prospect emails, outside telemarketing, social media, web site.
- Develop new prospects that are not currently in the database.
- Work with Marketing Director to educate buyers/attendees on all aspects of events. Including but not limited to assisting with registration, VIP and New buyer events, matchmaking services, walking tours, educational offerings, review of floor plan and navigational tools such as the online show planner and mobile app.
- Cultivate relationships with key industry groups (rep groups, buying groups and key retail groups) to drive more attendance within targeted buying groups as assigned.
- Develop legacy/VIP and advocate buyer/attendee programs and target lists to drive quality buyer participation at events.
- Drive key retailer information and testimonials for promotional marketing purposes.
- Work with Marketing Director to maintain and develop comprehensive attendee highlights on website and social media sites to promote webinars, new buyer orientations, shopping hints, etc.
- Work in tandem with marketing/show teams in developing and facilitating buyer events on show site and via experiential marketing opportunities.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the business and the industry and understand how to translate that knowledge into solid attendee development practices. Develop strong understanding of the competitive landscape to seek out and mine for new prospects. Keep current industry trends for assigned verticals and has a strong working knowledge of verticals in which you focus on.
- Participate in and increase attendee awareness to all social media marketing channels.
- Attend exhibitor sales calls to understand exhibitor targets, connecting exhibitors to the right attendees, and to promote the group’s attendee outreach efforts.
- Responsible for results reporting, tracking of projects and list development as well as data integrity.
- Other duties as assigned.
As a qualified candidate, you will have:
- Some knowledge of bicycle industry is desired. Knowledge of the retailers, brands, community is also helpful.
- Highly organized; excellent oral and written communication skills; highly focused attention to detail;
- Must have a professional demeanor with exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills; able to work independently and as a team player across several team platforms.
- Ability to work with multiple team members and third party vendors, specifically housing partner and registration team.
- Strong client service, and both telephone and in-person sales prospecting skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a deadline driven, goal-oriented environment.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and CRM management (such as Goldmine, Salesforce or other) is a plus.
- Experience with email marketing, including HTML creation, and content management systems (WordPress) a plus.
- Ability to travel as needed (less than 25%).