Title: Operations Manager – ASD & Marine Shows
Reports To: Operations Manager
Location: San Juan Capistrano, CA
Organize and produce 6 events for the Merchandise and Marine markets, combined these event represent over 1.5 million square feet of booth space. Assist in creating show elements to improve attendee experiences.
Essential Functions/Job Duties: (Listed in order of importance. This list is not all inclusive; additional duties will be performed as required.)
• Work closely with sales and marketing on execution of events/show elements and provide clear communication.
• Plan for and manage lounges and specialty areas on show floor.
• Gather information, develop, update, and maintain event budgets.
• Recommend cost savings measures directly related to operating expenses.
• Coordinate other events/conferences/special events as assigned by Operations Manager.
• Assist with conference program and special events as directed.
• Manage Meeting Room schedule and set up.
• Coordinate food & beverage orders and events.
• Manage RSVP’s for 500+ guest banquet.
• Assist with staff and buying group housing.
• Participate in weekly event team meetings.
• Correspond with exhibitors and vendors as needed providing clear communication.
• Review and approve bills for payment.
• Plan and schedule shuttle services, if needed.
• Travel pre-show and on-site as deemed necessary.
• Floor manage for other shows as deemed necessary.
• Travel as necessary to assigned events/conferences/special events.
• Able to take initiative.
• Takes pride in work and delivers results.
• Able to effectively manage time and demanding workload.
• Highly organized and able to handle multiple, simultaneous tasks.
• Able to quickly assess and effectively solve various problems on a daily basis.
• Strong communication skills.
• Proficient using: Excel, Word and Adobe Acrobat.
• Able to travel an average of 30-45 days per year for up to 8 days per trip.
• College degree.
• 1-3 years of tradeshow experience.