Emerald Expositions, a leader in the b2b trade show industry, seeks an Operations Manager in our Alpharetta office. This critical role will ensure all trade shows and sponsorship components are executed efficiently and in a cost effective manner. You will be a key point of contact for vendors, exhibitors, and sponsors, and have primary responsibility for RFP’s and show budgeting for your assigned portfolio. You will travel to shows throughout the United States and be on the ground at our successful events!
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Manage all operations for trade shows & events including: maintaining ongoing communication and placing of all show orders with GSC, facility, security, F&B, A/V, etc. Manage any special events and act as liaison with conference team when applicable.
- Submission and monitoring of floor plans both for internal and external use, booth approval and management, preparation of show related shipments, collection of insurance certificates and other relevant responsibilities.
- Maintain ongoing communication with trade show Exhibitors and Vendors, including clearly defined requirements/specifications (facilities, service contractors, AV, etc).
- Create budget and provide detailed information on all appropriate expense line items. Manage budgets and provide accrual information with detail and accuracy.
- Assist with sponsorship contracts and manage P&L; present sponsorship options to sales team. Provide deadlines and specifications for each sponsorship; fulfill applicable sponsorship benefits in a timely manner including collection of logos, and placing orders to appropriate vendor. Manage all aspects of sponsorship onsite at show to ensure appropriate fulfillment.
- Responsible for new vendor setup, submitting invoice vouchers or purchasing card receipts for payment in a timely manner.
- Create and manage Exhibitor Service Manual and Exhibitor Resources on website.
- Plan, schedule and review estimates/contracts for electrical, internet, security, rigging, first aid and shuttle services as needed.
- Manage all staff, supplier and VIP hotel arrangements, as well as hotel block contracts. Monitor weekly housing pick-up reports.
- Manage ancillary vendor contracts and services on-site (security, cleaning, shuttles, first aid, etc.)
- Train and manage temporary staff.
- Serve as floor manager at other events as needed and assist overall Operations team.
- Order and track promotional items as needed.
As a qualified candidate you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 4+years of trade show and/or events/conference experience required
- Experience with RFP’s and vendor contracts
- Comfort with Microsoft Office Suite; proficiency in Excel
- Customer service orientation a must
- Willingness and ability to travel multiple times throughout the year, for a week at time