Emerald Expositions, a leader in the b2b tradeshow industry, is seeking an Operations Manager for our NY NOW show. Your primarily responsibility will be to ensure all trade show and sponsorship logistical efforts are executed efficiently and in a cost effective manner. You will be a key point of contact for vendors, exhibitors, and sponsors. This position is based out of our White Plains office and will travel to New York City for the NY NOW show.
As an Operations Manager, your key responsibilities will include:
- Maintain ongoing communication with Exhibitors and Vendors, including clearly defined requirements/specifications (Facilities, service contractors, AV, etc).
- Create and manage Exhibitor Resource Center on websites.
- Manage all logistics for show including: diagrams for onsite vendors, submission and monitoring of floor plans, booth approval and management, budgeting for and ordering food and beverage, reviewing and approving graphics and signage, preparation of show related shipments, and collection of insurance certificates.
- Prepare exhibitor listings for the show guide and addendum.
- Plan, schedule and review estimates/contracts for electrical, internet, security, rigging, first aid and shuttle services as needed.
- Create staff housing list; manage all staff, supplier and VIP hotel arrangements with housing contractor.
- Manage hotel room block contracts and monitor weekly housing pick-up reports.
- Provide content for exhibitor newsletters and webinars.
- Manage ancillary vendor contracts and services on-site (security, cleaning, shuttles, first aid, etc.)
- Create sponsorship contracts and manage P&L; present sponsorship options to sales team. Lead weekly sponsorship meeting with sales teams leading up to show.
- Provide deadlines and specifications for each sponsorship; fulfill applicable sponsorship benefits in a timely manner.
- Collect sponsor logos for signage and branding; ensure vendors understand all expectations and requirements are in place.
- Research and recommend new sponsorship opportunities as it relates to show floor areas.
- Track and maintain excel spreadsheet and coordinate publication bin inserts, sponsor bag inserts and literature distribution at show entrances.
- Order and track promotional items as needed.
- Manage costs to ensure expenses are within budget. Provide information on all appropriate expense line items. Manage budgets and provide accrual information with detail and accuracy.
- Assist with new vendor setup, submitting invoice vouchers or purchasing card receipts for payment in a timely manner.
- Train and manage temporary staff.
- Special projects & other duties as assigned.
As a qualified candidate you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 4+years of tradeshow experience required
- Experience with project management & contracts
- Comfort with Microsoft Office Suite; proficiency in Excel
- Customer service orientation a must
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout the year