Emerald Expositions is a leading owner and operator of business-to-business tradeshows in the United States, connecting thousands of buyers and sellers across nine diversified industries including sports, jewelry, photography, general merchandise, and hospitality and retail design. The company’s shows are typically the most prominent and important for exhibitors and attendees within their various industries. We pride ourselves on working with the best and the brightest people in the industry. Our headquarters are located in San Juan Capistrano, California. We have additional offices in Los Angeles, New York City, and Alpharetta, Georgia. We have a wide range of opportunities across the network throughout our multiple locations. We are always looking to add top talent to our roster.
The Operations Coordinator will work on the Tradeshow Operations team and report to the Operations Manager to ensure registration operation/logistical efforts are executed efficiently and in a cost-effective manner. This opportunity is located in the San Juan Capistrano, CA office and will assist in registration services support for the Healthcare and Pizza events.
- Research and recommend new vendors for registration supplies and temporary services.
- Research and recommend onsite registration floor plans.
- Research and recommend cost savings measures directly related to operating expense.
- Ensure expenses are within budget.
- Ensure vendor communication is clear and all requirements have been submitted accurately and timely according to Operations Manager’s specifications to registration vendor, facility, AV and all vendors associated with project.
- Ensure staff communication as it relates to registration is clear and all information is disseminated accurately and timely.
- Provide customer service to show registrants escalated from registration vendor customer service.
- Provide customer service to internal Sales and Marketing teams in regards to registration.
- Participate in planning meetings, online registration page builds and provide quality control throughout the registration cycle.
- Ensure all registration requirements are in place.
- Ensure all vendors understand expectation and are ready to deliver.
- Ensure all communication, requests, and issues are addressed.
- Execute and produce onsite registration process.
- Manage and monitor schedule for temporary staff.
- Extend high level customer service to attendees
- Ensure that all vendor post show communication has taken place.
- Provide information on all appropriate expense line items.
- Assist in all aspects of show closing, including but not limited to accruals and coding.
- Continue to provide customer service to internal and external customers.
- Assist Ops Manager with special projects as assigned
- Assist with onsite registration at other events,
- Other duties as assigned by manager
Desired Skills and Experience
- Detail oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Team player
- Work well with people in service oriented fashion
- Ability to travel and attend multiple trade shows, conferences, and site visits
- Ability to organize and coordinate several projects simultaneously
- Professional demeanor
- Computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel
- College degree or equivalent experience