Emerald Expositions, a leader in the b2b tradeshow industry, is seeking an Operations Coordinator in our San Juan Capistrano office. This position will primarily support the Outdoor Retailer and Interbike shows.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Manage and fulfill all sponsorships and related special events for assigned tradeshows from point of sale to onsite execution:
-Ensure vendor (companies contracted to assist in completion: booth builders, decorators, audio/visual staff, caterers, stylists, etc…) communication is clear and all requirements and expectations are relayed accurately and on time.
-Ensure staff (internal sales, marketing and operations teams) communication is clear and all information and expectations are relayed accurately and on time.
-Ensure all sponsorships and related events adhere to the convention center requirements.
-Create solutions, manage expectations and ensure the most efficient processes to build value and provide excellent customer service.
- Manage and maintain the sponsorship budget for assigned tradeshow, including being able to provide line-item details and paying invoices.
- Collaborate with internal teams to create unique experiences by researching new trends and opportunities
- Research and recommend new vendors for events and sponsorship opportunities
- Update and maintain sponsorship contracts for exhibiting companies
- Research and recommend cost-saving measures directly related to operating/fulfillment expense
- Travel to other tradeshows to assist with events, sponsorships or other operational duties
- Assist the operations manager/director with tradeshow projects as needed
As a qualified candidate, you will have:
- 1-2 years’ relevant experience. Industry experience in tradeshows or conferences/events a plus.
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Adobe Acrobat and PowerPoint
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, working with multiple teams and communicating effectively both in person and in writing
- Solution-oriented and dedicated to excellent customer service for our brands
- Ability to handle several tasks simultaneously
- Maintain meticulous records and communications as the lead across all teams on sponsorship items
- Team player who is able to manage input from multiple sources
- Maintaining a positive and professional attitude at all times is essential
- Creative background or experiences
- Ability to travel, extensively at times