As an Operations Coordinator, Sponsorships at Emerald Expositions, your primary responsibility will be to ensure all trade show conference logistical efforts are executed efficiently and in a cost effective manner. You’ll be part of a friendly, collaborative team supporting four key trade shows out of our San Juan Capistrano corporate headquarters.
- Develop P&L for all sponsorship to present to sales team.
- Create sponsorship contracts and review with sales team.
- Provide deadlines and specifications for each sponsorship for sponsorship menu, sales team questions and contract clauses.
- Fulfill applicable sponsorship benefits in timely manner. Ensure all requirements are in place. Ensure all vendors understand expectations and are ready to deliver.
- Communicate deadlines to sponsors and collect sponsor logos for signage and branding.
- Research and recommend new sponsorship opportunities as it relates to show floor areas.
- Lead weekly sponsorship meeting with sales teams leading up to show.
- Track and maintain Excel spreadsheet and coordinate publication bin inserts, sponsor bag inserts and literature distribution at show entrances.
- Order and track promotional items, as needed.
- Coordinate exhibitor meeting room rentals and act as main contact onsite for shows.
- Manage sponsorships on-site, as needed. Assist with floor management after sponsorships have been fulfilled.
- Manage costs to ensure expenses are within budget. Provide information on all appropriate expense line items. Manage budgets and provide accrual information with detail and accuracy.
- Assist with new vendor setup, submitting invoice vouchers or purchasing card receipts for payment in a timely manner.
- Assist in any post-show sponsorship follow-up or evaluation
- Research new trends to create new experiences, as well as vendors for recommendation.
- Research and recommend cost savings measures directly related to sponsorship expense.
- Special projects & other duties as assigned
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with project management & contracts preferred
- Experience within the trade show industry a plus but not required
- Customer service orientation a must