Working with all Photo + brands including Rangefinder, Photo District News and Shutterlove, the Online Editor is responsible for expanding our online audience of professional photographers and enthusiasts. The role requires a savvy editor with the ability to manage multiple priorities and work collaboratively.
Essential Functions/Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to):
- In collaboration with the editorial team, conceive, schedule and coordinate monthly print-to-online content migration for website and blogs while maintaining consistent style and “voice”
- Work to expand our online audience using SEO analytics and through social media
- Build links across sites to enrich content and drive traffic
- Write original content for sites as required
- Edit weekly and bi monthly email newsletters
- In partnership with web designer, art director and editors, serve as project manager on annual special projects culminating in web galleries including PDN’s 30 Emerging Photographers site
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-5 years editorial experience online or print working collaboratively with editing team
- Excellent copy editing, proofreading, fact checking and headline writing skills
- Highly organized, flexible and ability to juggle multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
- Problem solving skills
- Knowledge of NY Times or Chicago style
- CMS experience (OpenText or other). Experience in WordPress a plus.
- InDesign /InCopy