Emerald Expositions is seeking an online editor, who will have main responsibility for the website of Hospitality Design magazine, as well as some commitment to Kitchen and Bath Business and Contract magazine’s online sources. The editor will write and publish daily news, features, photo galleries and other various content to the three websites, as well as manage the newsletters for Hospitality Design and Contract magazine. Some social media content and the online media kits are also this editor’s responsibility. In addition, the editor will assist with covering special events for each magazine, including the main tradeshows, award ceremonies and designer summits.
- Write and publish daily news for Hospitality Design and Contract magazine.
- Write and publish weekly online features and photo galleries for Hospitality Design.
- Write and publish weekly online features, photo galleries and occasional news items for Kitchen and Bath Business.
- Produce weekly newsletters for Hospitality Design and Contract magazine.
- Produce bi-monthly product newsletters for Hospitality Design and Contract magazine.
- Update Hospitality Design’s website regularly with content from print brand, and help the brand create exclusive web content.
- Search online for news possibility that would be appropriate for each magazine
- Maintain the media kits for Hospitality Design, Contract, Kitchen and Bath Business, Impressions and design:retail magazines.
- Assist with social media content.
- Attend and cover industry trade shows and conferences, as assigned.
- Represents the magazines at various industry events and functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, or related field. Graduates of design-related degrees with strong writing and editing skills will also be considered.
- Strong communication, writing, editing, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Word and Excel, and rich text word processing programs (Text Edit, Notepad, etc.).
- Proficiency or experience in Red Dot and Silverpop or other CMS or newsletter platforms and HTML, WYSIWYG editors
- Proficiency in Photoshop or related program for basic photo resizing.
- Proficiency in social media and blogging strategy, using WordPress, Facebook, Twitter (Hootsuite, Sprout Social, Tweet Deck), LinkedIn, Tumblr, Vimeo, Instagram.
- Previous design writing experience.
ADDITIONAL SPECIFIC MINIMUM RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Experience desired working cooperatively and diplomatically with staff and freelance authors. Must have the ability to do the same with designers, some of whom may be prominent figures in their field, and their representatives.
- Excellent writing and communication skills, tact, sensitivity, and mature judgment are required.
- Interest in design and design writing.
- Must be self-motivated and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be extraordinarily organized and driven, able to work successfully both individually and as part of a team.
- The ability to work with multiple articles and projects simultaneously, and work independently while managing multiple and sequential deadlines is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the aptitude to build and maintain productive relationships are essential.