Emerald Expositions, a leader in the b2b tradeshow industry, is seeking a Marketing Specialist who can hit the ground running to promote both our attendee and exhibitor acquisition efforts.
With strategic direction from the VP of Marketing and Show Director(s), you will be responsible for developing and implementing marketing programs and tactics designed to enable sales, drive audience acquisition and demonstrate ROI for show(s) across a diversified portfolio of Emerald Exposition brands, with primary focus on the International Pizza Expo and related events.
This position is located Alpharetta, GA.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Marketing plan execution for both traditional and new media channels including but not limited to: Email, Direct Mail, Telemarketing, Social Media, PPC, SEM, etc.
- Work closely with the shared marketing resources and outside vendors, to provide production support for marketing efforts that grow exhibitor and attendee participation.
- Write copy and coordinate logistics for marketing tactics (direct and indirect) that include brochures, direct mail, print, email, social media and digital ad campaigns aimed at growing attendance and/or increasing sales.
- Help define and execute social media strategy by growing engagement of current customers and acquiring new ones via social sites such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.
- Responsible for helping communicate goals, key messages and relevant logistical information to internal staff.
- Exposure to individual project budgets and costs; monitor and manage plan implementation against budget and timing.
- Keeps current on industry trends for assigned brand; become familiar with customer needs in those markets. Conduct research as needed for lead generation.
- Attendee acquisition prospecting including call campaigns, in store visits and buyer hosting as required.
- Attends all shows and provides on-site support as assigned
- Assist in coordination of webinars/seminars and ongoing attendee education as assigned.
- Administrative responsibilities such as processing invoices, budget reconciliation, customer service, and other duties as assigned.
As a qualified candidate, you will have:
- BS /BA Degree in Marketing or Communications required.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a direct marketing environment required.
- Ability to multi task in a deadline driven, goal oriented environment.
- Excellent planning, organization and multitasking skills. A strong attention to detail required.
- Self-starter, able to work with minimum supervision and thrives in a fast paced environment.
- Experience with Social Media.
- Strong database management skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator experience a plus, but not required.
- Ability to travel to conferences and trade shows is required (up to 15%).
About the Show(s):
International Pizza Expo is the largest annual pizza industry trade show and conference with more than 450 exhibitors and 7,000 attendees. Pizzeria owners and operators come to Pizza Expo for inspiration, insights and innovation.
Pizza & Pasta Northeast is a two-day trade show that delivers a one-stop shop exhibit hall where Italian and pizza-concept restaurant owners can meet face-to-face with leading national and regional industry suppliers. Attendees have access to food demonstrations that focus on new and traditional Italian ingredients, flavors and products.
In addition, this position will also support a new event being launched by the Food Group in May 2019. The International Artisan Bakery Expo will be an annual event focusing on those bakers selling fresh-baked unpackaged products at retail or foodservice.