Emerald Expositions, a leader in the B2B tradeshow industry, is seeking a Marketing Specialist based in Culver City, CA who can hit the ground running. You will be a vital part of the marketing team in charge of implementation and execution of our strategic marketing plans that serve shows based out of the Culver City office. You will provide support to the Marketing Director in the planning, creation, and execution of various marketing tactics and programs to support our trade shows’ strategic objections.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the Marketing Director, outside vendors, to provide production support for marketing efforts that grow exhibitor and attendee participation.
- Write copy and coordinate logistics for marketing tactics (direct and indirect) that include sales brochures, direct mail, print, email, social media and digital ad campaigns aimed at growing attendance and sales.
- Responsible for helping communicate goals, key messages and relevant logistical information to internal staff.
- Conduct research as needed for lead generation.
- Coordinate the fulfillment for all marketing channels.
- Exposure to individual project budgets and costs; successfully monitors plan implementation against budget and timing.
- Proactively applies best practices from other assignments that improve process or performance of current show.
- Handles immediate requests for information providing utmost level of customer service and information.
- Keeps current on industry trends for assigned Expos for assigned group and is familiar with industry in which they focus as well as customer needs in those markets.
- Attends all shows and provides on-site support as assigned
- Assist in coordination of webinars/seminars as assigned.
- Administrative responsibilities such as processing invoices, budget reconciliation, customer service, and other duties.
- Other Marketing Projects as determined by Marketing Management.
As a qualified candidate, you will have:
- BS /BA Degree in Marketing or Communications preferred.
- 2+ years marketing experience required.
- Copywriting experience with samples of recent work.
- Experience with CRM systems a huge plus, specifically Pardot, SalesForce, Edge, A2Z
- Fastener industry knowledge a huge plus
- Excellent planning, organization and multitasking skills. A strong attention to detail required. You must be extremely organized.
- Highly organized self-starter, able to work with minimum supervision and thrives in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills a must.
- Outstanding communicator, you’ll be able to interact professionally with all levels of staff, both internal and external, especially mid to senior management.
- Experience with Social Media a strong plus.
- Strong database management skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel to conferences and trade shows is required (up to 15%).
- And most important, a strong work ethic is essential.