Emerald Expositions, a leader in the b2b tradeshow industry, is seeking an energetic and high-caliber Marketing Manager.
With strategic direction from the VP of Marketing and the Show Director, you will be responsible for developing and implementing marketing strategies designed to enable sales, drive audience acquisition and demonstrate ROI for shows within Emerald Exposition’s Design portfolio with primary focus on the International Contemporary Furniture Fair.
ICFF is the North American platform for global design. Architects, interior designers and developers looking for inspiration and new concepts to introduce into their next design project come to ICFF to discover what’s best and what’s next in every facet of modern design for interiors.
As a Marketing Manager, you will be directly responsible for supporting sales objectives, leveraging marketing resources, collaborating with key industry partners and working with other internal departments to stage the event annually.
You will be an experienced brand marketer with a solid understanding of trade event planning, execution and measurement best practices. You will assist in developing marketing strategy for each event aligned with Emerald’s business objectives to ensure event success and excellence in marketing execution. You will also develop, produce, and evaluate a variety of marketing materials, while ensuring consistency among messages and effectiveness of content.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Copywriting for integrated marketing promotions, including e-mail and direct mail; distribution of marketing materials via traditional and digital mediums; and deployment of brand engagement campaigns, all with the goal of driving attendee acquisition across all events.
- Lead social media and content marketing initiatives including planning and execution of all social/digital activities, and overarching content strategy with external partner. Drive momentum, engagement, reach and attendance for measurable results with our target audiences across digital and influencer channels; develop reports showing ROI on daily activities using social media reporting tools.
- Development of digital advertising strategy, and work with partners to manage optimization and day-to-day aspects of the company’s paid channels including SEM, display, retargeting and paid social media advertising.
- Project management, including but not limited to budget management, vendor sourcing and management, project prioritization, on-site event management and issue escalation.
- Manage tracking databases and assist with analysis of performance of marketing tactics and campaigns to determine effectiveness.
- Act as primary liaison for Registration Operations on registration set-up and timelines for each show to capture attendee registration data.
- Analyze event, industry and competitive data. Utilize meaningful and relevant data to improve effectiveness and efficiency of events.
- Maintain event websites through edits, updates and SEO (done in conjunction with Digital Services team.)
- Identification and management of key media partnerships.
As a qualified candidate, you will have:
- BA/BS required; degree or major in Marketing, Communications or related strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years relevant marketing experience; event marketing a plus
- Excellent understanding of the full marketing mix
- Experience in identifying target audiences and devising campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Proven ability to develop brand and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking. Comfortable with numbers, metrics and spreadsheets.
- Advanced written and oral communication and interpersonal skills; excellent proofreading skills (writing samples will be requested)
- Up-to-date with latest trends and marketing best practices
- Proficiency in MS Office and email marketing programs
- Comfort with CRM software (Salesforce or similar)
- Creative and innovative, with the ability to influence others.
- Able to travel, approximately 20% of the time