POSITION SUMMARY: Collaborate with Group Show Director, Event Director and Content Director to develop/implement/oversee strategic promotional programs to drive both exhibitor participation and attendance for HOW Events, including marketing partnerships, database development, creative campaigns, email campaigns, direct-mail campaigns, website oversight, social media, sales support collateral, onsite displays, special events and educational programming. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/JOB DUTIES:
- With Show Directors’ input, work with creative agencies/consultants/internal resources to conceptualize, develop and execute annual creative campaign strategies.
- Oversee print and electronic media buys: rate negotiation, barters, schedules and furnishing creative materials.
- Oversee attendee acquisition campaigns: data sourcing, segmentation, direct mail, email, e-newsletters, copywriting, telemarketing, and buyer relations support.
- Work with sales team to develop print and digital tools to support sales strategy
- Review weekly analysis of email and website metrics to ensure effectiveness of campaigns.
- Provide input and assist in management of show marketing budgets.
- Oversee creative, copy and show website update.
- Oversee management of various social media sites to build community and communicate year-round with customers.
- With Content Director and Event Director, conceptualize and execute any special events that may occur during the conference.
- With Content Director, develop content/recruit speakers for monthly webinar series.
- Work with Marketing Coordinator and sales team to establish sponsorship packages and create supporting sales materials.
- Develop strategic partnerships with industry associations and trade publications to drive attendance and attract new buyer groups.
- Manage and execute public relations efforts as necessary for shows, or oversee external agency/resources, including drafting press releases, pitching, press list maintenance, and management of onsite Press Center.
- Liaise with Digital Team to ensure show websites meet the needs of both exhibitor sales and attendance efforts.
- Manage development and execution of mobile apps for various shows.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills with proven ability to write successful, effective copy across multiple channels.
- Strong organizational and project-management skills.
- Able to multi-task and pay close attention to detail in a deadline-driven environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Able to successfully develop and manage budgets.
- Able to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Public and/or media relations experience
- Flexibility to travel (up to 5%).
- Technical aptitude including MS Office Suite, Google Analytics, database management, CMS and mobile apps.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Communications
- 5-7 years of marketing experience required