The bike industry is evolving and with it our value proposition to the industry must evolve. Interbike is seeking an innovative marketer who can align our show with the needs of the industry we serve, the retailers who make up our ethos and addresses the future of bike merchandising. Creativity and ingenuity are a must, as are senior experience in marketing.
The Director of Marketing is responsible for executing Interbike’s brand plan and developing and executing all elements of marketing strategy. The individual in this position must have a deep understanding of Interbike’s brand(s) and must be highly capable of creating and executing effective marketing campaigns as well as product strategies. This position is accountable for leading marketing teams, working cross functionally with executive as well as sales and other departments, creating and managing marketing relationships outside the company, and managing all marketing budgets.
A successful marketing director at Interbike will combine hands-on leadership with an ability to identify, create, and execute marketing strategies and tactics that build Interbike’s position as the worldwide leader in the production of cycling events.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop, execute, and measure the success of Interbike’s brand plan.
- Innovate programming that resonates with merchants and brands.
- Oversee all elements of marketing, including brand positioning, event activation, social media engagement, advertising, mobile app development and promotion, sales collateral and websites.
- Drive strategy to increase national and international retail attendance at Interbike utilizing all available marketing platforms (email, print, digital, call campaigns, social channels) with a view to introducing new technologies and platforms to meet and exceed attendance goals.
- Work closely with Sales Director and Senior Vice President of Marketing Operations to maintain current exhibitor base while driving exhibitor participation among endemic and non-endemic companies.
- Work effectively with Interbike’s executive management as well as cross functionally with department leaders and others in sales, operations and accounting.
- Build a highly effective marketing team by providing leadership to and evaluating both internal marketing staff and external marketing resources. Establish goals and evaluate staff performance while providing coaching, mentoring, and development/corrective opportunities where needed.
- Manage creative development process and resources and ensure that all activity is on target with respect to brand plan and style guide.
- Participate in the development of new event proposals, working closely with Managing Director and other key leaders within the organization.
- Measure and monitor customer (exhibitor and attendee) satisfaction with Interbike products, explore needs for new products and understand customer perceptions of products and service we provide.
- Work effectively with sales leadership to develop effective tools, materials, and programs to build Interbike’s brand(s) and products.
- Represent Interbike externally to build our brand and organizational image. Develop positive relationships with exhibitors, retailers, media, external partners, and athletes.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of all marketing methods, and expenditures and adjust tactics promptly to increase effectiveness and/or achieve budget goals.
- Establish department and individual goals with executive management and develop and execute plans to achieve goals in the timeframes specified, and track and report progress against goals.
- Keep abreast of developments within the field of marketing and communications along with developments within the organization’s core industry and markets.
- Develop, grow and oversee marketing database, includes client and prospect information and mailing list applications.
- Collaborate positively and effectively on cross-functional teams to achieve Interbike’s strategic priorities.
- BS/BA in Marketing or related field.
- 5-7 years experience in Marketing, with experience leading a marketing team. Experience in bicycle industry a plus.
- 2 years experience at director level or 5 years experience as marketing manager.
- Experience with new media and internet advertising.
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage projects from inception through execution.
- Ability to develop creative ideas, programs and solutions for a wide variety of criteria.
- Motivated and creative individual, able to work in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Entrepreneurial, self-starter with hands-on approach.