The Marketing Director will provide support to the event director in the planning, creation and execution of various marketing and PR tactics and programs that support the Hospitality Design Expo’s strategic objectives. Duties include the execution of exhibitor space sales and attendee marketing campaigns, daily oversight and direct administration of key show features, interface with major media partners and public relations.
- Work with Show Director to create and manage marketing plan for growing attendance and exhibit sales.
- Analyze markets and internal data (surveys, etc.) and develop actionable recommendations based on data.
- Work closely with the event director and graphic designer, exhibitor web services provider (goexpo), in house web support team, in house operations, PR firm, printers, mailing houses, e mail services providers and others to perform the timely execution of the in place exhibitor and attendee marketing plans.
- Timely execution of all e-mail and direct mailings to exhibitor and attendee prospects and current exhibitors.
- Direct administration and ongoing support and development of the HD magazine networking events and advertising campaigns.
- Coordinating the fulfillment of all online and print advertising.
- Provide scheduling and oversight of the telemarketing program.
- Provide oversight and support for the on floor at show features: Social Hub, Best booth awards, HD Press Room, new designers program.
- Ensure website is up to date with timely and relevant content; make suggestions to improve traffic and click through rates, use of color, and images.
- Help define and execute social media strategy by growing engagement of current customers and acquiring new ones via social sites such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
- Monitor marketing budgets and costs; process invoices and track payments.
- Monitor marketing and PR related activities against marketing budget.
- Assist event director in major media meetings and in the development and oversight of partnership and barter arrangements.
- Excellent Mac skills, including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong planning, organization and multitasking skills. Eye for detail required.
- Self-starter, able to work with minimum supervision and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills, a must.
- Basic knowledge of web design including HTML and web design platforms a plus.
- Some travel to conferences and trade show is required (approximately 10% annual with overnight stays for up to one week at a time).
- BS /BA Degree in Marketing or Business preferred. 5+ years relevant work experience in marketing, PR experience a plus
- Experience with Email marketing (Mail Chimp, Constant Contact, etc.)
- Proven success and prior experience with social media planning and execution
- Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator experience a plus, but not required.