Emerald Expositions is a leading operator of large business-to-business tradeshows in the United States, producing over 80 events per year connecting over 500,000 buyers and sellers across ten diversified end-markets, including general merchandise, sports, hospitality and retail design, jewelry, photography, decorated apparel, building, healthcare, military and technology, and ecommerce.
We are seeking a confident, adaptable, and skilled HR Business Partner in our Alpharetta office. Reporting to the Vice President of Human Resources, you will provide HR counsel to assigned groups. Your day-to-day responsibilities will include all facets of the HR function in a fast-paced organization that’s in rapid growth mode. You will be comfortable acting both strategically and tactically, while pivoting quickly in response to changing priorities and shifts in direction.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Provide guidance to client groups on a wide variety of complex employee relations issues, including conflict resolution. Work with internal and external legal counsel as required.
- Create and distribute clear, concise Human Resources memorandums and communications to the entire organization.
- Ensure managerial compliance and understanding of all applicable labor laws and internal policies, procedures and practices.
- Interpret, communicate and distribute information related to incentive plans.
- Drive a consistent performance management process and enable organizational capability to set clear performance goals, assess performance, provide feedback, and encourage career development.
- Partner with finance on salary budgets workforce planning, and compensation planning.
- Partner with client groups to implement organizational effectiveness initiatives including leader assimilations and the annual succession planning process
- Work collaboratively with Talent Acquisition Business Partner to provide additional insight on open positions, and to ensure a successful candidate selection process
- Collaborate with the Vice President of Human Resources on the development and facilitation of company-wide training initiatives
As a qualified candidate, you will have the following skills and abilities:
- Able to work independently while making quick and thoughtful decisions on the spot
- Negotiation and problem-solving skills, ability to diagnose root causes of problems to implement appropriate solutions
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Results-oriented with strong organizational and time-management skills, as well as strong attention to detail.
- Flexible and able to manage multiple ongoing projects and daily requirements
- Working knowledge of employment regulations, experience with California laws and regulations a plus.
You will also have:
- 5-7 years of HR experience (at least 2 years in an HR Business Partner or HR Manager role) with a heavy focus on employee relations
- Experience in partnering with managers to resolve employee conflicts and situations in a timely and thorough fashion
- Experience interacting with and influencing senior level executives
- Confidence advising business leaders and delivering difficult messages
- BA or BS degree required (in business and/or human resources preferred)