Emerald Expositions, a leader in the B2B tradeshow industry, seeks an HR Business Partner based in our Culver City, California office. Reporting to the Vice President of Human Resources, you will drive people strategy and execution for your assigned client groups, including Emerald’s largest tradeshow brand, ASD Marketweek. You will partner with senior leaders and their teams to identify the most appropriate and impactful solutions to meet complex business challenges and talent needs.
The HR Business Partner is responsible for all facets of the HR function and requires a depth of knowledge across the various HR disciplines, in particular California labor and leave laws. Our organization is fast-paced and in rapid growth mode, and requires flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and shifts in direction.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Act as the face of Human Resources for our West Coast business.
- Work with client group management team to lead agreed change initiatives within your own business area
- Provide guidance to client groups on a wide variety of complex employee relations issues, including conflict resolution. Work with internal and external legal counsel as required.
- Drive a consistent performance management process and enable organizational capability to set clear performance goals, assess performance, provide feedback, and encourage career development.
- Ensure managerial compliance and understanding of all applicable labor laws and internal policies, procedures and practices.
- Interpret, communicate and distribute information related to incentive plans.
- Partner with finance on salary budgets, workforce planning, and compensation planning.
- Partner with client groups to implement organizational effectiveness initiatives including leader assimilations and succession planning.
- Work collaboratively with Talent Acquisition Business Partner to provide additional insight on open positions, and to ensure a successful candidate selection process.
- Collaborate with the Vice President of Human Resources on strategic initiatives and the development and facilitation of company-wide training programs.
As a qualified candidate, you will have:
- 7-10 years of HR experience, with strong experience in employee relations and disability leave administration.
- BA or BS degree required (in business and/or human resources preferred).
- Experience partnering with leadership to resolve employee conflicts and situations in a timely and thorough fashion.
- Ability to be innovative and provide solutions to VP, HR and client groups.
- Experience interacting with and influencing senior level executives.
- Expertise in California laws and regulations required.
- Confidence advising business leaders and delivering difficult messages.
- Ability to work independently and autonomously while making quick and thoughtful decisions on the spot.
- Negotiation and problem-solving skills, ability to diagnose root causes of problems to implement appropriate solutions.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Results-oriented with strong organizational and time-management skills, as well as strong attention to detail.
- Flexible and able to manage multiple ongoing projects and daily requirements.