We are looking for a highly motivated and organized individual to join the PHOTO+ Creative Services Department in the role of Editor. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of experience as an editor with exceptional attention to detail and a passion for ensuring the highest standards for all of our projects, including print, online, events/trade shows and social media platforms. Knowledge of the imaging industry, including familiarity with contemporary photographers, is preferred. The position entails editing and managing content for client-directed print and online projects and client proposals-including custom print publications, print and online advertorial campaigns and events-as well as supporting the marketing of PDN and Rangefinder photography contests and trade shows. This is an opportunity to join an expanding, integrated creative team to help lay a new foundation and to grow within our company. Above all, you’ll have the vision and desire to produce outstanding creative work.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with Director, Managing Editor and Designer to produce all projects
- Oversee department’s custom content, including but not limited to biannual magazines and custom guides. Responsibilities include creating an editorial line up, developing story angles, assigning stories to freelancers, copy editing, researching and acquiring photos, and liaising with clients on client-directed projects.
- Manage assignment of advertorials and online native ads, liaise with clients, manage posting of online client.
- Write content for contest ads, emails and other promotions; edit contest galleries
- Write regular blog posts and social media content
- Liaise with sales team to identify and communicate potential leads for sales opportunities
- Collaborate with marketing department to produce content for special online promotions
- Liaise with photo-education community and relevant professional associations
As a qualified candidate you will have:
- Undergraduate degree in journalism, communications or related field or equivalent writing, editing and management experience required
- 3-5 years’ editorial experience, both print and digital. Experience in marketing or creative services a plus.
- Knowledge of the photography industry and of contemporary photographers preferred
- Knowledge of The New York Times Manual of Style and Usage is a plus
- Knowledge of copyright and proper permissions practices
- Experience with software including MS Word, Excel, Photoshop, InDesign and others
- Knowledge of WordPress and other content management systems
- Basic knowledge of graphic design and HTML a plus
- Passionate with creativity integrity and energy
- Aptitude for writing original content as well as editing the work of others
Please include writing samples with your application. Resumes without samples of work will not be considered.