Emerald Expositions is seeking an Editor in Chief for Contract magazine, and its companion events. Contract is a 58-year-old leading magazine for the commercial architecture and interior design market. In partnership with the Publisher, you will act as the visionary for the brand and in-part the industry at large.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Serve as the face and voice of the brand through the pages of the magazine, live events, and key industry relationships
- Seek and uncover the pulse of the market, most notably through interior design projects, product introductions and rising talent
- Lead the brands culture and direction with thought leadership and design prowess
- Day to day writing and editing responsibilities customary to professional publishing
- Ability to oversee production process, including commissioning and editing of articles by both staff and freelance writers and working with the art director to solidify layouts
- Direct and evolve all aspects of content for print, online and various flagship events
- Maintain operation and needs of editorial department under budgetary parameters
- Manage and mentor editorial team
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with design industry including manufacturers
- Liaise with Publisher to create sponsored products that best serve the interests of the reader
- Collaborate with peers of sister publications and trade shows to develop programing and cross-brand partnerships
As a qualified candidate you will have:
- 10 years’ of experience in journalism. 3 years’ of experience in architecture or design a plus.
- Bachelors Degree (minimum), preferably in Journalism or Communications.
- Strong writing and editing skills required
- Proficiency in Photoshop, InDesign and Microsoft Office
- Strong leadership skills.
- Innate ability to network and maintain industry relationships.
- Excellent communication skills. Great comfort level with public speaking.
- Must possess ability to multi-task and work in a deadline driven environment with ease.
- Must be collaborative, organized, diplomatic and creative.
- Ability to travel as needed.