Photo District News (PDN), the award-winning monthly magazine for the professional photographer, has been covering the professional photographic industry for over three decades.
Photo District News is published monthly by Emerald Expositions. Every month, PDN magazine delivers unbiased news and analysis, interviews, photography portfolios, and information photographers need to survive in a competitive business.
PDNonline covers breaking news stories and delivers in-depth features on the photo industry, including interviews and profiles, reports on new products, and information on useful sources for professional photographers. PDNOnline’s photo essays and galleries explore the work of photography’s masters and today’s emerging talent.
We are looking for a bright and organized individual to join the PDN and Rangefinder Magazine Custom Media Department in the role of Designer. The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years of work experience paying attention to detail and having passion for ensuring the highest standards for all our projects, including print, online and multimedia. This is an opportunity to join an expanding, integrated creative team to help lay a new foundation and to grow within our company. Above all, you’ll have the vision and desire to produce outstanding creative work.
What you’ll love doing:
• Design all house ads for monthly issues of PDN magazine, including barters.
• Design all web banners and email promos for all corresponding events and contests.
• Art Direct and design entire trade magazines, Emerging Photographer and PDNedu including cover, letters, table of contents, front and back of book, and feature stories.
• Create all custom marketing and promotional collateral, including materials for media kits , presentations and events such as Photo Annual Party from concept to completion.
• Manage Custom Media & Events micro sites including navigation and design.
• Oversee the look and feel of all events including tradeshows PhotoPlus Expo and WPPI with custom design guidelines for freelancers.
• Undergraduate degree in Fine Arts or related field or equivalent visual design and management experience required; graduate degree preferred
• 1-3 years editorial and marketing experience plus web related projects.
• Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography & limitations of the web.
• Ability to lead projects from concept to completion.
• Experience with software including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and others. HTML a plus.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
• Ability to organize, prioritize, and schedule work assignments
• Passion, Creativity Integrity, and Energy!
It is the policy of Emerald Expositions to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. EOE/AA/M/D/V/F