The Content Manager will be responsible for developing the content/program strategy for HOW Events, managing external program consultants, identifying/recruiting speakers, working with clients on sponsored sessions and collaborating with VP/Group Show Director on new event ideas/acquisitions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/JOB DUTIES:
- Work closely with VP/Group Show Director and program consultants to craft a content strategy for HOW Events that is relevant, timely and provides value to the design market.
- Analyze markets/competition and use all available data (surveys, analytics, social media engagement, etc.) to assist in the development of content strategy.
- Create content strategy that engages the market year round and builds the HOW Events audience.
- Work closely with the Group Show Director, Content Director, graphic designer, web designer and other content teams to ensure that there is brand/communication alignment across all marketing channels.
- Be a visible presence in the design market, speak at industry events, and participate in industry organizations and network with industry thought leaders. • Host/co-host HOW Events to become the face/voice of HOW Events.
- When needed work closely with sales team to develop client relationships.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong planning, organization and multitasking skills.
- Eye for detail required.
- Self-starter, able to work with minimum supervision and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills, a must.
- Basic knowledge of web design including HTML and web design platforms a plus.
- Some travel to conferences and trade show is required.
- 10+ years relevant work experience in design and/or content development is required.
- Public speaking experience preferred.
- Strong networking skills