This position will support the Conference Management team in all aspects of conference management for Healthcare events including determining audio visual requirements to developing conference evaluations. The Conference Coordinator reports to the Conference Operations Director. This position is located in Alpharetta, GA.
- Create, send, and track status of speaker agreements.
- Collect speaker bios and photos for use in marketing materials.
- Create and maintain speaker database for each event to include contact/badge info, AV and housing requirements and other special requests.
- Assist with coordination of speaker travel including hotel reservations and working with travel agent on airfare.
- Keep conference websites up-to-date with speakers and session information including speaker’s, bio, headshots and company information.
- Track speaker’s audio/visual requirements.
- Provide assistance to conference management in proofing conference brochures, show directories and signage.
- Assist conference management in development, distribution and analysis of speaker evaluations.
- Send evaluation results to speakers and association committee members.
- Upload speaker handouts to conference websites.
- Creates online call for presentations for all conferences.
- Sends out call for presentations; assists potential speakers with any challenges with their submissions.
- Compiles all speaker submissions; submits to education partner for review and session selection.
- Provide assistance to conference management in planning off-site association meetings.
- Work closely with conference management in CEU process including submitting CEU certificates and completing accreditation process.
- Work with conference management to prepare conference shipments by securing on-site supplies and other conference related items.
- Work with conference management to keep event Letter of Instruction up-to-date.
- Process payments and reimbursements for speakers and other vendors.
- Create and manage RSVP links and lists for special events/conferences.
- Assists with updating and maintaining group calendar of events.
- Assists with on-site execution and management of events as assigned.
- Assists with various projects as assigned by VP, Operations and Conference Operations Director.
- Represent Emerald Expositions at industry and community related functions.
The successful candidate will be/have:
- Highly motivated, organized, and capable of functioning with minimal direction in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge and understanding of meeting and event planning principles, requirements, and procedures
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Extremely proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel. Microsoft Access is a plus
- Knowledge and familiarity with web based programs, site updates
- B.S./B.A. degree required and 1-3 years of experience
– Takes charge in a positive way
– Demonstrates initiative, leads by example and motivates others to follow
– Respected by others for job/technical expertise and high standards maintained
– Takes pride and ownership in delivering quality customer service
– Takes responsibility for own actions
– Handles stressful situations with maturity
• Team Work
– Cooperates with others and proactively contributes to a positive working environment
– Puts company and departmental goals above individual interests-contributes to the development of team goals and plans
– Attempts to see the value of others’ ideas and suggestions even if they differ from his/her own
• Planning & Control
– Manages time wisely- is proactive not reactive
– Generates new ideas and concepts in operations and services
– Handles multiple tasks accurately and works at an appropriate pace
– Utilizes all available resources to meet deadlines
• Client Focus
– Communicates proactively with internal and external clients
– Ensures client satisfaction through targeted measures
– Develops an understanding of client business issues
• Problem Solving & Judgment
– Keen ability to identify and resolve work related problems
– Sets priorities and adopts strategies which balance short term and long range objectives
– Finds answers and creates solutions with limited structure and/or specific direction
It is the policy of Emerald Expositions to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. EOE/AA/M/D/V/F