Collections Specialist: Emerald Expositions, Inc. has an opening in the Finance department for a Collections Specialist. The position involves collections of advertising invoices and may involve collections of contract installments for various tradeshow booths and related costs. Key Responsibilities
- Collection calls, emails, and correspondence in a fast paced goal oriented collections department.
- Providing customer service regarding collection issues, process customer refunds, resolve client discrepancies and short payments.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining assigned accounts.
- Accountable for reducing delinquency for assigned accounts.
- Perform other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the Collections & Billing Departments.
- Enlist the efforts of sales when necessary to accelerate the collection process.
- Communicate & follow up effectively with sales dept regarding customer accounts on a timely basis.
- Weekly and monthly reporting to Accounts Receivable Manager on collections status.
- Phone calls and emails to assigned delinquent customers.
- Reconcile customer disputes as they pertain to payment of outstanding balances that are due.
- Provide excellent & considerate customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Meet defined department goals
- 4-5 years Corporate Collections experience.
- Microsoft Office required.
- Knowledge of Billing and Collections procedures.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.