Emerald Expositions, Inc. has an opening in the Finance department for a Collections Specialist. The position involves collections of contract installments for various tradeshow booths and related costs, onsite collections at events, and onsite support to other Finance team members. This position does require travel.
- Collection calls, emails, and correspondence in a fast paced goal oriented collections department.
- Providing customer service regarding collection issues, process customer refunds, resolve client discrepancies and short payments.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining assigned accounts.
- Accountable for reducing delinquency for assigned accounts.
- Perform other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the Collections & Billing Departments.
- Enlist the efforts of sales when necessary to accelerate the collection process.
- Communicate & follow up effectively with sales dept regarding customer accounts on a timely basis.
- Weekly and monthly reporting to Accounts Receivable Manager on tradeshow collections status.
- Set up Freight and Badge hold report 1 week prior to show staging and work with Operations Manager and Registration Company to insure holds are placed on outstanding balances.
- Phone calls and emails to assigned delinquent customers
- Reconcile customer disputes as they pertain to payment of outstanding balances that are due
- Provide excellent & considerate customer service
- Internal and External customer interface
- Process credit card payments Meet defined department goals
- Onsite collections for customers with outstanding balances.
- 4-5 years Corporate Collections experience.
- Microsoft Office required.
- Knowledge of Billing and Collections procedures.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.