The Category Manager, Surf Expo will be responsible for strategically selling, cultivating relationships, and managing day to day activities for assigned category/categories of the Show(s) resulting in market growth and value.
Essential Functions/Job Duties:
Develop and execute sales strategies to maximize category sales results. Establish sales targets (overall, monthly and weekly) with SVP.
- Sell exhibit space via face to face visits, telephone calls, and written communications.
- Identify and attend appropriate competitive shows to solicit prospects and strengthen industry ties.
- Develop sales collateral including prospectus, sales letters and emails, etc.
- Prepare sales reports and analysis to track current progress and historical comparisons.
- Manage contract mailings and exhibitor invoicing; manage confirmation and collection process.
- Manage allocation of booth space and floor plan changes.
- Develop, manage and maintain prospect database.
- Manage Sales Representative(s) as applicable.
- Handle own administrative duties, including contracts, mailings, etc.
- Assist exhibitors, floor managers and show office personnel on-site.
- Floor manage on-site, as needed.
- Perform all other duties as assigned per needs of show team.
- Related sales experience of 5-7 years
- Experience within the Surf, Action Sports and/or tradeshow industry a plus.
- Ability to sell face to face and by telephone, with a proven track record in strategically targeting appropriate prospects and closing sales.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills with a proven track record in creating and building relationships.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to productively work in a deadline driven, team-oriented environment.
- Ability to travel 4-6 weeks of year.
- Computer savvy with the ability to easily learn new programs.