Emerald Expositions is a leading owner and operator of business-to-business tradeshows in the United States, connecting thousands of buyers and sellers across ten diversified industries including sports, jewelry, photography, general merchandise, food, and hospitality and retail design. The company’s shows are typically the most prominent and important for exhibitors and attendees within their various industries.
We are hiring an upbeat, professional Cash Application Specialist. We’re a company in active growth mode, and we’re looking for talent that wants to grow with us! In addition to account receivables/cash application responsibilities, this position will have an opportunity to provide general accounting support to our corporate finance team. This is an entry level role located in our San Juan Capistrano office.
As a Cash Applications Specialist, you will…
- Process and post all cash/check/wire receipts for tradeshow receivables as well as advertising receivables
- Process and prepare deposits for all non-receivable deposits received in house. Work with internal staff to determine accurate journal entries to be prepared to account for the funds.
- Work with internal collectors and customers to identify where payments should be posted when received with minimal information.
- Manage credit card reconciliation and fee recognition in our accounting system.
- Work with internal collectors, sales team members, and customers to resolve any chargebacks and/or payment disputes.
- Work with the accounting team to present all cash related items to assist with month end/quarter end/year end journal entries.
- Assist with payment related documentation requests from both internal and external audit personal as needed.
- Assist with customer calls related to payment inquiries.
- Enter transactions in various systems related to refunds and adjustments to customer accounts.
- Microsoft Office experience required specifically Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Reliable independent worker.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Understanding of basic accounting entries.
- Flexibility and comfort in using multiple programs and online interfaces.
- Associate’s degree preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience.
- Strong experience in Excel.