The Business Analyst (BA) is a subject matter expert and supports the business areas with technology needs, education and provides daily operation production/support. The BA is also a critical member of the project team for IT projects as an advocate for the business.
• Project Participation: the BA must excel at gathering the project requirements, understand what questions to ask (to clarify information), and be able to clearly write in a concise manner. The BA must convey this information to: individuals who are not as familiar with the business and to the Project Managers (PM) so that the PM can execute the project.
• The BA will describe and communicate the value of a project (benefits and costs) in terms used by the business community to effectively obtain leadership’s understanding, support and approval of a project.
• Prepares requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations:
o To perform business analysis including workflow analysis, business information requirements and models.
o To help define scope and objectives.
o To break down high-level business and user requirements into functional requirements and quality, specified in an appropriate level of detail suitable for use by those must base their work on the requirements.
o To write requirements specifications according to templates, using natural language simply, clearly, unambiguously, and concisely.
o To work under general direction and to work closely with applications development staff and business staff to advise them on complex business issues.
• Research, analyze, and document all scope and requirements impacting business functional areas
• Develop use cases and document business models to communicate both *as-is* and *to-be* requirements
• Interact with development team(s) to translate business and functional requirements into technology solutions
• Integrate with other analysts, engineers, or management for technical validation
• Participate in the evaluation of change requests in terms of their feasibility, validity, and project impact
• Evaluate existing system processes and perform feasibility and impact analysis for new projects and enhancements
• Assist in quantifying the financial and operational impact of implementing new or modified business processes (time, cost, benefit, ROI)
• Establish and maintain strong relationships with Business customer(s) to foster trust and enable opportunity to be a trusted advisor
• Examine and respond to all relevant business rules relative to enhancements and/or modifications
• Participate in Requirements Validation and User Acceptance sessions for confirmation prior to deployment of enhancements
• Assist in the development of acceptance criteria to confirm accuracy of deliverables in accordance with requirements
• Assist the Application Manager, other management and senior technical personnel with ongoing strategies in support of the business
• Maintain good understanding of SOX, PCI and other compliances policies and ensure that project activities, including UAT, are carried out in compliant fashion
• Strong Business Analyst skills
• 3 years working in information technology doing application analysis, design, development, testing and implementation.
• Excellent problem solving skills, including understanding and analysis of data.
• ERP/CRM experience
• Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) Computer Science or equivalent
To Apply: Send a cover letter explaining how you qualify for the above position, your resume and your salary requirements/history to email@example.com: SUBJECT: Business Analyst