Reports to: Editor-in-Chief
Location: New York, NY
Reporting to the Editor in Chief, the Assistant to the Editor will assist with the coordination and execution of events from working with sponsors to following through on editorial coverage.
• Correspond with sponsors about the events, send invites, and create final lists.
• Coordinate on-site logistics—from securing a photographer to creating PowerPoints—as needed.
• Assist in the recruitment and follow up with speakers and participants as needed.
• Maintain Excel files for operations and editorial staff.
• Coordinate content for Show Daily and Show Guide and other event collateral material as designated.
• Participate and organize as directed for award submissions and final award presentation.
• Coordinate and communicate with graphic design department to ensure event advertising and creative materials are produced in a timely and professional manner.
• Ensure that Emerald websites are accurate, timely and posted at predetermined intervals.
• Assist with social media for events.
• Organized and proactive in nature with a strong attention to detail.
• Able to communicate effectively both written and verbal.
• Able to create and maintain Excel spreadsheets.
• Able to navigate social media.
• Comfortable proofreading website content for accuracy.
• Strong coordinating and multitasking skills.
• Strong customer service skills (people person).
• College degree
• At least 3 years of prior experience required
• Prior experience organizing events/meetings preferred
• Strong background in writing preferred