We are seeking an experienced Account Executive, for ASD Market Week, the nation’s 17th largest tradeshow and the largest trade event in the Emerald portfolio, the largest trade show producer in the United States.
We are seeking a motivated sales professional to join our team in Hollywood, CA. We are searching for an ambitious sales lead with the ability to prospect and close new business both via telemarketing and in-person sales presentations.
The ideal candidate is a goal oriented self starter, works well with both team and individual goals with the keen ability to prospect, identify and close the right business for the categories served. Will work with sales, attendee and marketing to directly enhance the Merchandise Group shows by promoting the ASD brand to both domestic and international targeted exhibitors through establishing personal connections and relationship development. This position will serve our Korean based business partners requiring the ideal candidate to be bi-lingual in Korean.
ASD Tradeshow Overview – Since 1961, ASD has grown into one of the nation’s largest merchandise trade events in the industry, with over 2500 exhibitors & 45,000 attendees from all over the world attending the bi-annual event, held in March & August. ASD is a robust and growing marketplace that brings together the world’s widest variety of merchandise from more than 2,500 vendors in one efficient, consumer-products tradeshow. Here buyers from every retail and distribution channel can find what they need for their core markets plus discover new product categories and unique suppliers to diversify and freshen their merchandise mix, boost impulse and point-of-purchase sales––and increase profits. ASD showcases the following merchandise categories: Gift & Home; Fashion & Accessories; Beauty & Fragrance, Jewelry / Cash & Carry; Toys & Novelty; General Merchandise; Closeouts & Liquidations, Convenience Store and Smoke.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/JOB DUTIES:
- Increase show (s) exhibit and sponsorship sales YOY to exceed annual budget expectations
- Identify, analyze and assess new strategic opportunities that enhance attendee development and execute a plan with show teams to pursue approved attendee targets.
- Build key exhibitor relationships and identify and tier advocates, influencers and in the database. Develop new prospects that are not currently in the database. Increase retention level rate of current exhibitor base.
- Educate new and retention exhibitors on all aspects of events within the division.
- Cultivate relationships with key industry groups related to the industries in designated sales territory
- Work in tandem with marketing and attendee sales teams to drive key exhibitor information and testimonials for promotional marketing purposes and advancing buyer-exhibitor connections.
- Assist marketing with development and facilitation of exhibitor related educational programs.
- You will need to maintain a thorough understanding of the business and the industry and understand how to translate that knowledge into solid exhibitor development practices. Develop strong understanding of the competitive landscape to seek out and mine for new prospects. Keeps current industry trends for assigned verticals and has a strong working knowledge of verticals in which you focus on.
- Become expert on assigned verticals buyer data to share key buying trends with retention and new exhibitors
- Responsible for results reporting, tracking of projects and list development as well as data integrity.
- Maintain integrity of exhibitor floor planning (booth location) and adhere to merchandising standards to enhance exhibitor/buyer connections.
- Assist accounting with collections of assigned sales prospects as needed.
- Knowledge of the Gift, Home Accent, General Merchandise, Toy & Novelty, Affordable Fashion Apparel/Accessories, or Convenience Store industries as well as International sales experience is a major plus
- Responsible for negotiating and selling exhibit space, sponsorships and digital products within designated territory with expectation to exceed annual sales targets.
- Qualified candidates should posses the ability and experience to build strategic relationships with key exhibitors while at the same time consistently developing new exhibitor leads to prospect to.
- Strong client service, and both telephone and in-person sales prospecting skills. Telephone and in-person presentation skills required. High volume business, average 60-80 calls per day to meet expected successful call volumes daily. 80-85% sales via telesales 15-20% via field visits and prospecting at competing events.
- Ability to multi task in a deadline driven, goal oriented environment.
- Highly organized; excellent oral and written communication skills; highly focused attention to detail; a professional demeanor with exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills; able to work independently and as a team player across several team platforms and with all levels from CEO’s, business owners to trade show coordinators.
- Strong grasp of all aspects of Microsoft office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and CRM management (such as Salesforce). Working knowledge of Hoovers, Dun and Bradstreet and other research analytics a strong plus
- Developing leads through Social media experience desired
- Ability to travel approximately 15% of the year for a up to a week at a time
- 4-year college degree highly preferred, preferably in Marketing, Psychology, or Communications
- Minimum of 4 years sales experience within a retail sales, trade show or event sales environment related to industries the Merchandise Group serve